1. Slater, E. Review of Awakenings by O. Sacks. Brit. J. Psychiat. 126: 92‑93.
2. Shields, J. and Slater, E. Genetic aspects of schizophrenia. In Contemporary Psychiatry, ed. T. Silverstone and B. Barraclough, pp. 32-40. Brit. J. Psychiat. Special Publn. No. 9. Ashford, Kent: Headley.
3. Slater, E. Foreword. In Contemporary Psychiatry, ed. T. Silverstone and B. Barraclough, pp. xiii-xv. Brit. J. Psychiat Special Publn. No. 9. Ashford, Kent: Headley.
4. Slater, E. Psychiatry in the 'thirties'. Contemporary Review 226: 70‑75.
5. Slater, E. The psychiatrist in search of a science: III. The Depth Psychologies. Brit. J. Psychiat. 126: 205‑24.
6. Slater, E. Word links with 'The Merry Wives of Windsor'. Notes and Queries. April 169‑7 1.
7. Slater, E. Shakespeare: word links between poems and plays. Notes and Queries. April 157‑163.
8. Slater, E. Some psychological aspects of the Sonnets. The Bard 1: 1‑8.
9. Slater, E. Psychiatry in the thirties. Bethlem and Maudsley Gazette Spring 8‑10. (Reprinted from Contemporary Review, see 202 above.)
10. Slater, E. Review of Creative Malady: Illness in the Lives and Minds of Charles Darwin, Florence Nightingale, Mary Baker Eddy, Sigmund Freud, Marcel Proust, Elizabeth Barrett Browning by George Pickering. Brit. J. Psychiat. 127:93.
11. Slater, E. Review of Genetic Research in Psychiatry eds. R. R. Fieve, D. Rosenthal and H. Brill. New Psychiatry Oct. 23, 18‑19.
12. Slater, E. The ordeal of Evelyn Waugh. Review of Evelyn Waugh: A Biography by C. Sykes Brit. Med. J. 13 Dec.
1. Slater, E. Review of Beyond Telepathy by Andrija Puharich. Notes and Queries … : 478
2. Slater, E. Review of The Index of Scientific Writings of Creativity: Creative Men and Women. Notes and Queries… : 480
3. Slater, E. What is hysteria? New Psychiatry 3: 714‑15.
4. Slater, E. Sinne of Self‑love. Notes and Queries April 155‑56.
5. Slater, E., Flew, A. G. M. and Downing, A. B. Death with Dignity. London: The Voluntary Euthanasia Society.
6. Slater, E. Review of Francis Galton: The LIfe and Work of a Victorian Genius by D. W. Forrest. J. Biosoc. Sci. 8: 75‑77.
7. Slater, E. Assisted suicide: some ethical considerations. Internat. J. Health Services 6: 2,321‑30.
8. Slater, E. In search of courage. World Medicine 11: 51 and 53.
9. Slater, E. Eugenics. In Encyclopaedic Handbook of Medical Psychology, ed. Stephen Krauss, pp. 181‑86. London: Butterworths.
10. Slater, E. A reading of 'Sonnet 120'. The Bard 1: 2,43‑46.
11. Slater, E. Review of Psychopath. The case of Patrick Mackay by T. Clark and J. Penycate and The Social Psychology of Mental Disorder by J. Orford. New Statesman 10 Dec., 842‑44.
12. Slater, E. Altruistic suicide. Catholic Medical Quarterly 27: 4, 197‑201.
1. Slater, E. Word Links with 'All's Well that Ends Well'. Notes and Queries 24: 109‑12.
2. Slater, E. Review of The Diaries of Evelyn Waugh ed. M. Davies. Brit. J. Psychiat. 31: 320.
3. Slater, E. Review of Superminds: An Investigation into the Paranormal by John Taylor. Notes and Queries July‑Aug., 384.
4. Slater, E. Eugenics 1900‑1914. Review of Eugenics and Politics in Britain 1900‑1914 by G. R. Searle. The Eugenics Society Bulletin 9: 4, 128‑31.
5. Slater, E. Biological differences and social justice [E. S. Vickers Lecture]. In Developments in Psychiatric Research, ed. J. M. Tanner 199‑212. London: Hodder & Stoughton.
6. Slater, E. How dottissima? Review of Marie Stopes by Ruth Hall. The New Review, 4, 44, 52‑53.
7. Slater, E. Qui sont les bienfaiteurs? L'Evolution Psychiatrique XLII: 1047‑53. (A revised version of unpublished paper, The social value of an elite, read at the symposium Human Differences and Social Issues, London, August 1970).
8. Slater, E., and Roth, M. Mayer‑Gross, Slater and Roth Clinical Psychiatry, revised reprint of 3rd ed. London: Baillière Tindall.
9. Slater, E. Review of Homosexuality and Literature 1890‑1930 by J. Meyers. Notes and Queries April 181‑82.
10. Slater, E. Review of Superminds: An Investigation into the Paranormal by J. Taylor. Notes and Queries, 24/4, p. 384.
1. Slater, E. Gone and future. Review of 1975 (1984 minus 9), by Hans Keller. The New Review 45/6.
2. Slater, E. Word links between 'Timon of Athens' and 'King Lear'. Notes and Queries April 147‑49.
3. Slater, E. Review of Memory and Mind by Norman Malcolm. Notes and Queries 25/3, p. 285‑86.
4. Slater, E. Obituary for James Shields. Nature 274: 728‑29.
5. Slater, E. Review of Russia's Political Hospitals. The Abuse of Psychiatry in the Soviet Union by S. Bloch and P. Reddaway, Journal of Medical Ethics 4: 100‑03.
6. Slater, E. On accepting the Second Annual Theodosius Dobzhansky Memorial Award for research in behaviour genetics. Behaviour Genetics 8:6, 533‑34.
7. Slater, E. Review of The Career and Contributions of Sir Aubrey Lewis by M. Shepherd. J. Roy. Soc. Med. 71: 546
8. Slater, E. Word links from 'Troilus' to 'Othello' and 'Macbeth'. The Bard 2: 422.
1. Slater, E. What Happened at Elsinore: A Diversion, in Eliot Slater: A Tribute, Gaskel Press, 1979, p. 104-21.
1. Slater, E. Review of Friedrich Schiller: Medicine, Psychology and Literature by K. Dewhurst and N. Reeves. Notes and Queries, 27/5, p. 449-50.
2. Slater, E. Review of Memory Meaning and Method: Some Psychological Perspectives on Language Learning by Earl W. Stevick. Notes and Queries, 27/1, p. 88-9.
3. Slater, E. Review of History's Carnival: A Dissident's Autobiography by L. Plyushch. Quarto, 9
4. Slater, E. Review of Psychopathology: Its Causes and Symptoms by F. Kräupl Taylor. J. Biosoc. Sci., 12, p. 239
1. Slater, E. Review of The Tragic Effect: The Oedipus Complex in Tragedy by A. Green. Notes and Queries, 28/1, p. 92-3.
2. Slater, E. Review of Metaphor: A Psychoanalytic View by R. Rogers. Notes and Queries, 28/3, p. 288.
3. Slater, E. Review of The Literary Freud: Mechanisms of Defense and the Poetic Will ed. by J. H. Smith. Notes and Queries, 28/4, p. 371-2.
1. Slater, E. Review of Representing Shakespeare: New Psychoanalytic Essays, ed. by M. M: Schwartz and C. Kahn. The Cambridge Review, January: 124-27.
2. Slater, E. The Problem of The Raigne of King Edward The Third 1596: A Statistical Approach, The Bard, 3/4, pp. 133-142 (Reprinted as first chapter of the posthumous CUP edition of the Diss. Thesis, 1988).
1. Slater, E. Review of Freud on Schreber: Psychoanalytic Theory and the Critical Act by C. Barry Chabot. Notes and Queries December 570-1.