1. Slater, E. Clinical aspects of genetic mental disorders. In Biochemical Aspects of Neurological Disorders (2nd series), ed. J. N. Cumings and M. Kremer, pp. 27185. Oxford: Blackwell.
2. Slater, E. Diagnosis of 'Hysteria'. Brit. Med. J. 1:1395‑99.
3. Slater, E. Discussion of paper by M. Bleuler, 'Conception of schizophrenia within the last fifty years and today'. Internat. J. Psychiat. 1: 318‑19.
4. Slater, E. Obituary notice, F. J. Kallmann, Brit. Med. J. 1:1440.
5. Slater, E., and Glithero, E. A follow‑up of patients diagnosed as suffering from 'Hysteria'. J. Psychosom. Res. 9:9‑13.
6. Coppen, A. J., Cowie, V. A., and Slater, E. Familial aspects of 'nenroticism' and 'extraversion'. Brit. J. Psychiat. 111: 70‑83.
1. Slater, E. Expectation of abnormality on paternal and maternal sides: a computational model. J. Med. Genet. 3: 159‑6 1.
2. Slater, E. Pain and the psychiatrist. Letter in Brit. J. Psychiat. 112: 329.
116. Crome, L., Cowie, V. A., and Slater, E. A statistical note on cerebellar and brain‑stem weight in mongolism. J. Ment. Defic. Res. 10: 69‑72.
3. Shields, J., and Slater, E. La similarité du diagnostic chez les jumeaux et le probleme de la spécificité biologique dans les névroses et les troubles de la personnalité [Diagnostic similarity in twins and the problem of biological specificity in the neuroses and personality disorders]. Evolut. Psychiat. 31:441-51.
4. Slater, E. (unsigned). The genetics of schizophrenia. In Medical Research Council Annual Report, April 1965‑March 1966, pp. 54‑61. London: Her Majesty's Stationery Office.
1. Slater, E. Distinguishing the effects of heredity and environment. Discussion of 'The psychogenesis of schizophrenia: a review of the literature' by Hans Kind. Internat. J. Psychiat. 3:416‑17.
2. Slater, E. Review of On Aggression by Konrad Lorenz. Brit. J. Psychiat. 113: 8036.
3. Shields, J., and Slater, E. Genetic aspects of schizophrenia. Hosp. Med. (Lond.) 1: 579‑84.
4. Slater, E. Genetics of criminals. World Med. 2 (12): 44‑45.
5. Slater, E. Vote of thanks to Dr. A. H. Halsey on the occasion of the Galton Lecture 1967. Eugen. Rev. 59: 149.
6. Slater, E. Genetic factors and schizophrenia. Transcript of the Symposium on Biological Research in Schizophrenia (Moscow, November 28‑December 2, 1967) ed. D. Lozovskii, pp. 109‑13 (Russian) and 244‑48 (English). Moscow: Akademia Meditsinskikh Nauk SSSR. Also in Vestn. Acad. Med. Nauk SSSR (1969) 4: 75‑9 (in Russian).
7. Shields, J., Gottesman, I. I., and Slater, E. Kallmann's 1946 schizophrenic twin study in the light of new information. Acta Psychiat. Scand. 43: 385‑96.
1. Slater, E. Review of The Origin of Life by J. D. Bernal. J. Med. Genet. 5: 360.
2. Slater, E. Review of Clinical Genetics in Psychiatry. Problems in Nosological Clasification. J. Med. Genet. 5: 361
3. Slater, E. Review of ESP: A Scientific Evaluation by C. E. M. Hansel. Brit. J. Psychiat. 114: 653‑58.
4. Slater, E., and Tsuang, M‑t. Abnormality on paternal and maternal sides: observations in schizophrenia and manic‑depression. J. Med. Genet. 5: 197‑99.
5. Slater, E. Mental disorders: genetic aspects. In International Encyclopedia of the Social Sciences, pp. 127‑33. New York: Macmillan and Free Press.
6. Cowie, V. A., and Slater, E. The fertility of mothers of mongols. J. Ment. Defic. Res. 12: 196‑208.
7. Cowie, J., Cowie, V. A., and Slater, E. Delinquency in Girls. London: Heinemann.
8. Slater, E. A review of earlier evidence on genetic factors in schizophrenia. In The Transmission of Schizophrenia, eds D. Rosenthal and S. S. Kety, pp. 15‑26. Oxford: Pergamon. (Also issued as J. Psychiat. Res. 6: Suppl 1, 15‑26.)
9. Slater, E. La herencia en las psicosis endogenas [Heredity in the endogenous psychoses), translated by César Perez de Francisco. Neurologia‑Neurocirugia Psiquiatria 9: 137‑49; and Revista Gharma 34: 9‑20 (1969).
10. Slater, E. The Ebbless Sea, Poems 1922‑1962. London: Outposts Publications.
11. Slater, E. A note on terms of art in 'Hamlet'. Shakespearean Authorship Review 20: 1‑4.
1. Slater, E. Review of New Aspects of Human Genetics. British Medical Bulletin ed. by C. E. Ford and H. Harris. Brit. J. Psyhiat., 115: 736.
2. Slater, E. Review of Strange Things by J. Campbell and T. Hall. British J. Psychiat., 115: 739-40.
3. Slater, E., and Shields, J. Genetical aspects of anxiety. In Studies of Anxiety, ed. M. H. Lader, pp. 62‑71. Brit. J. Psychiat., Special Publn. No. 3. Ashford (Kent): Headley.
4. Slater, E., and Moran, P. A. P. The schizophrenia‑like psychoses of epilepsy: relation between ages of onset. Brit. J. Psychiat. 115: 599‑600.
5. Slater, E., and Roth, M. Mayer‑Gross, Slater and Roth Clinical Psychiatry, 3rd. ed. London: Baillière, Tindall and Cassell.
6. Slater, E. Choosing the time to die. In Proceedings, 5th international Conference on Suicide Prevention, London 1969, ed. R. Fox. pp. 269-7 2. Vienna: International Association for Suicide Prevention.
7. Slater, E. Death: the biological aspect. In Euthanasia and the Right to Death. The Case for Voluntary Euthanasia, ed. A. B. Downing, pp. 49‑60. London: Peter Owen.
8. Slater, E. Review of Genetic and Environmental Influences on Behaviour, Eugenics Society Symposium, Sept. 1967 ed. J. M. Thoday and A. S. Parkes. J. Med. Genet 6: 447‑48.
9. Slater, E. Review of Selected Topics in Medical Genetics ed. C. A. Clarke. J. Med Genet. 6: 444‑45.
10. Slater, E. An anonymous contribution, to the section entitled 'Heredity and Environment', in How to Adopt. London: Consumers Association.
11.Slater, E. Review of The Biological Time Bomb by G. R. Taylor. Brit. J. Psychiat. 115: 355.
12. Slater, E. A psychiatric view of Shakespeare's sonnets. An. port. Psiquit. 21: 545‑72.
1. Kahn, J., Carter, W. I., Dernley, N., and Slater, E. Chromosome studies in remand home and prison populations. In Criminological Implications of Chromosome abnormalities, ed. D. J. West. Cambridge: Institute of Criminology.
2. Slater, E. Review of Death and Bereavement ed. A. H. Kutscher, and of Man's Concern with Death by A. Toynbee et al. Brit. J. Psychiat. 116: 450.
3. Slater, E. Discussion of The Families of Schizophrenic Patients by Y. 0. Alanen. Proc. roy. Soc. Med. 63: 230‑31.
4. Slater, E. 'Chairman's Introduction', to Sex ratios in different populations. In Biosocial Aspects of Sex (Proceedings of the 6th Annual Symposium of the Eugenics Society, London, Sept. 1969). J. Biosoc. Sci. Suppl. 2, 53.
5. Slater, E. Review of The Place of Dynamic Psychiatry in Medicine by H. H. Wolff Brit. J. Psychiat. 117: 454.
6. Slater, E. The problems of pathography. In Studies Dedicated to Erik Essen-Möller. Acta Psychiat. Scand. Suppl. 219, pp. 209‑15.
7. Slater, E. Attitudes to conservation. Letter in Nature 225: Feb 21, 7 73.
8. Review of Alzheimer's Disease and Related Conditions ed. by G.E.W. Wolstenholme. J. Med. Genet. 8: 252
9. Slater, E. Review of Tantalizers: A Book of Original Logical Puzzles by Martin Hollis. Brit. J. Psychiat. 117: 603‑04.
10. Slater, E. Review of Mythopoiesis: Mythic Patterns in the Literary Classics by H. Slochover. Brit. J. Psychiat. 117: 591.
11. Slater, E. Review of On Death and Dying by Elisabeth Klüber-Ross. Unpublished (?1970)
1. Slater, E., and Cowie, V. The Genetics of Mental Disorders. London: Oxford University Press.
2. Slater, E. Review of Sanity, Madness and the Family: Families of Schizophrenics, (2nd ed.) by R. D. Laing and A. Esterson. Brit. J. Psychiat. 118: 111‑12.
3. Slater, E. Review of Churchill: Four Faces and the Man by A. J. P. Taylor, R. R. James, J. H. Plumb, B. L. Hart and A. Storr. Brit. J. Psychiat. 118: 98‑99.
4. Slater, E. Review of The Honest Politician's Guide to Crime Control by N. Morris and G. Hawkins. Brit. J. Psychiat. 118: 102.
5. Slater, E. Review of The Right to Abortion: a Psychiatric View (formulated by the Committee on Psychiatry and Law Group for the Advancement of Psychiatry). Brit. J. Psychiat. 118:126.
6. Slater, E. Review of The Biocrats by G. Leach. Brit. J. Psychiat. 118: 361‑62.
7. Slater, E., Maxwell, J., and Price, J. S. Distribution of ancestral secondary cases in bipolar affective disorders. Brit. J. Psychiat. 118: 215‑18.
8. Slater, E. Review of The Psychology of Suicide by F. S. Shneidman, N. L. Farberow and R. F. Litman. Brit. J. Psychiat. 119:108‑09.
9. Slater, E. Health Service or Sickness Service? Brit. Med. J. 4: 734‑36.
10. Slater, F. Letter regarding paediatric cardiology. Brit. Med. J. 18 Sept, 702.
11. Slater, E. Science and non‑science in psychiatry. Letter in Lancet 20 March, 599‑600.
12. Slater, E. Review of The Doomsday Book by G. Rattray Taylor. Brit. J. Psychiat. 119: 334‑35.
13. Slater, E., Hare, F. H., and Price, J. S. Marriage and fertility of psychiatric patients compared with national data. In Differential Reproduction in Individuals with Mental and Physical Disorders, (ed. I. I. Gottesman and L. Erlenmeyer-Kimling). Social Biology 18: Supplement, S. 60‑S73.
14. Hare, E. H., Price, J. S., and Slater, E. T. 0. The age‑distribution of schizophrenia and neurosis: findings in a national sample. Brit. J. Psychiat. 119: 44548.
15. Price, J. S., Slater, E., and Hare, E. H. Marital status of first admissions to psychiatric beds in England and Wales in 1965 and 1966. In Differential Reproduction in Individuals with Mental and Physical Disorders, (ed. I. I. Gottesman and L. Erlenmeyer‑Kimling). Social Biology 18: Supplement, S74‑S94.
16. Slater, E. General Practitioner Nov. 26, p. 21, 'Freud's ideas cannot lead to a science of the unconscious'.
17. Slater, E. Autobiographical Sketch, and Retrospect. In Man, Mind and Heredity, Selected Papers of Eliot Slater on Psychiatry and Genetics, eds. J. Shields and I. I. Gottesman, pp. 1‑23 and 367‑80. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins.
1. Sargant, W. and Slater, E.. (assisted by D. Kelly) (1972). An Introduction to Physical Methods of Treatment in Psychiatry, 5th ed. Edinburgh and London: Churchill Livingstone.
2. Slater, E. Review of Freud and Philosophy: An Essay on Interpretation by Paul Ricoeur. Brit. J. Psychiat. 120: 455.
3. Slater, E. The case for a major partially dominant gene. In Genetic Factors in 'Schizophrenia', ed. A. R. Kaplan. pp. 173‑80. Springfield, Ill: Charles C. Thomas.
4. Slater, E. Priorities in health work. Health Magazine 9: 1 March, 22‑23.
5. Hare, E. H., Price. J. S., and Slater, E. Letter 'Schizophrenia and season of birth'. In Brit. J. Psychiat. 120: 124‑25.
6. Slater, E. Is psychiatry a science? Does it want to be? World Medicine Annual Review, Feb., pp. 79‑81.
7. Slater, E. Review of The Future of Man eds. F. J. Ebling and G. W. Heath. Eugenics Society Bulletin 4: 2, June.
8. Slater, E. Was Shakespeare an Eidetiker? (unpubd.; ETOS Website 2012)
9. Hare, E. H., Price, J. S., and Slater, E. Fertility in obsessional neurosis. Brit. J. Psychiat. 121: 197‑205.
10. Slater, E. General Introduction: Ethics and the population increase. In Population and Pollution, eds. Peter R. Cox and John Peel, pp 1‑5. London: Academic Press.
11. Hare, E. H., Price, J. S. and Slater, E. Parental social class in psychiatric patients. Brit. J. Psychiat. 121: 515‑24.
12. Slater, E. The psychiatrist in search of a science. I: Early thinkers at the Maudsley. Brit. J. Psychiat. 121:591‑98.
13. Slater, E. Resources and population. Bulletin of the Eugenics Society 4: December, 86‑91.
14. Slater, E. Foreword. In Schizophrenia and Genetics: a Twin Study Vantage Point, by I. I. Gottesman and J. Shields, pp. xi‑xiv. New York: Academic Press.
13. Slater, E. The illness of Rudolf Hess. A phenomenological analysis. In Dimensiones de la Psiquiatria Contemporanea, pp. 191-210. ed. C. P. de Francisco. Mexico: Editorial Fournia, S. A.
14. Slater, E. Review of Private and Controversial by Lord Platt. Unpublished (?1972)
1. Slater, E. New horizons in medical ethics: severely malformed children. Brit. Med. J. 2:284‑89.
2. Slater, E. A statistical note on 'A Lover's Complaint'. Notes and Queries New Series, 20: 4, 138‑40.
3. Slater, E. The psychiatrist in search of a science: II. Developments in the logic and the sociology of science. Brit. J. Psychiat. 122: 625‑36.
4. Slater, E. Review of Jung by A. Storr. Brit. J. Psychiat. 123: 364‑65.
5. Spicer, C. C., Hare, E. H., and Slater, E. Neurotic and psychotic forms of depressive illness: evidence from age‑incidence in a national sample. Brit. J. Psychiat. 123: 535‑41.
6. Slater, E. Race, sex and equality. New Statesman 6 April, 491‑93.
7. Hare, E. H., Price, J. S. and Slater, E. Mental disorder and season of birth. Nature 241:480.
8. Slater, E. Review of Modern Synopsis of Comprehensive Textbook in Psychiatry by VV.AA. World Medicine, 11 July, 85.
9. Slater, E. Review of The Stranger in Shakespeare by L. A. Fiedler. Brit. J. Psychiat. 124: 312,
10. Slater, E. Sex and equality. Women Speaking Oct‑Dec., 4‑6.
1. Hare, E. H., Price, J. S., and Slater, E. Mental disorder and season of birth: a national sample compared with the general population. Brit. J. Psychiat. 124: 81‑86.
2. Slater, E. Wandlung der ethischen Auffassung über Euthanasie in England [The changing ethical view of euthanasia in England, translated by Ingrid Veitinger]. In Alter und Tod‑annehmen oder verdrangen? Conference Report, ed. W. Bitter. pp. 139‑46. Stuttgart: Ernst Klett.
3. Slater, E. New Biology‑New Ethics. In Population and the New Biology. Proceedings of the 10th Annual Symposium of the Eugenics Society, London, 1973, ed. B. Benjamin, P. R. Cox and J. Peel, pp. 177‑80. London and New York: Academic Press.
4. Slater, E. Foreword, In Biological Mechanisms of Schizophrenia and Schizophrenia‑like Psychoses, pp. v‑vi, ed H. Mitsuda and T. Fukuda. Tokyo: Igaku Shoin.
5. Slater, E. Early thinkers at the Maudsley (the first of the three papers). Reprinted in Institute of Psychiatry 1924‑1974, pp. 64‑69. London: Institute of Psychiatry.